the odd man/one outnoun
Definition of the odd man/one out
: the person or thing that is different from the other members of a group It looks like he's the odd one out on this particular issue. All my college friends have gotten married. I'm the odd man out.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?