keep one's eye on the ballidiom
Definition of keep one's eye on the ball
: to continue thinking about or giving attention to something important : to stay focused She really needs to keep her eye on the ball if she wants to win the election.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game