keep one's eye on the ballidiom
Definition of keep one's eye on the ball
: to continue thinking about or giving attention to something important : to stay focused She really needs to keep her eye on the ball if she wants to win the election.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game