toot one's own hornidiom
Definition of toot one's own horn
: to talk about oneself or one's achievements especially in a way that shows pride or too much pride We've had a very successful year, and I think we have a right to toot our own horn a little.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game