one's head offidiom
Definition of one's head off
: very loudly or without restraint She had to shout her head off to get her friends attention at the concert. He is shy at first, but will talk your head off [=will talk continuously] once you get to know him. You can yell your head off at him, but he still won't listen. They will be laughing their heads off when they see my costume.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?