Definition of one's head off
: very loudly or without restraint She had to shout her head off to get her friends attention at the concert. He is shy at first, but will talk your head off [=will talk continuously] once you get to know him. You can yell your head off at him, but he still won't listen. They will be laughing their heads off when they see my costume.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game