slake one's/someone's thirstidiom
Definition of slake one's/someone's thirst
: to cause oneself to stop feeling thirsty They slaked their thirst with cold water. : to cause someone to stop feeling thirsty a drink that will slake your thirst
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game