in the cloudsidiom
variants: or with one's head in the clouds
Definition of in the clouds
: spending too much time thinking about love or about ideas that are not practical Since he met Sara, he's been walking around (with his head) in the clouds.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game