(a) method in/to one's madnessidiom
Definition of (a) method in/to one's madness
: good reasons for one's actions even though they may seem foolish or strange Though his staff is often confused by the way he runs the office, I've found that there's (a) method in/to his madness.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game