turn one's hand toidiom
Definition of turn one's hand to
: to begin doing (something) usually in a skillful way : to start (a new activity, field of study, etc.) an actress who has turned her hand to directing After he left publishing, he turned his hand to law.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game