turn one's hand toidiom
Definition of turn one's hand to
: to begin doing (something) usually in a skillful way : to start (a new activity, field of study, etc.) an actress who has turned her hand to directing After he left publishing, he turned his hand to law.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game