on top of one's gameidiom
variants: or at the top of one's game
Definition of on top of one's game
: doing something at one's highest level The pitcher is completely on top of his game tonight—the batters barely stand a chance to get a hit. A singer at the top of her game when performing before her hometown audience.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?