Synonyms and Antonyms of make
- Will you help me make the dough for the cookies?
- We finally made it!
- The cats made quite a disturbance when they knocked the Christmas tree over.
bring forth, give rise to
- One person from each department will be asked to make a short presentation at the meeting.
- She made him do all the work while everyone else just lounged around.
twist one's arm
- I make that to be about six feet long.
- Let's make a model airplane.
- The baby made straight for the toy lying on the rug.
- The legislature failed to make any new laws last session.
- I make considerably more money now than I did when I first started working here.
- What do you make of the latest information?
pick up on
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up make? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).