Synonyms and Antonyms of commit
- accused of committing a felony
- Laws commit only some power to each official.
- committed the thieves to prison
Synonym Discussion of commit
- committed the felon to prison
- the president is entrusted with broad powers
- confided complete control of my affairs to my attorney
- consigned the damaging notes to the fire
- relegated to an obscure position in the company
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up commit? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).