Synonyms and Antonyms of disperse
- The crowd dispersed once the show ended.
- The family of the lost kitty dispersed searchers to all corners of the neighborhood.
- The campaign staff dispersed almost immediately after the election.
Synonym Discussion of disperse
- the bowling ball scattered the pins
- police dispersed the crowd
- the fog was dissipated by the morning sun
- an authoritative statement that dispelled all doubt
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up disperse? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).