Synonyms and Antonyms of dissipate
- dissipated the enemy forces with unremitting artillery fire
- dissipated the family fortune in reckless business ventures
play ducks and drakes with (or make ducks and drakes of)
- The fog should dissipate once the sun comes out in full force.
Synonym Discussion of dissipate
- the bowling ball scattered the pins
- police dispersed the crowd
- the fog was dissipated by the morning sun
- an authoritative statement that dispelled all doubt
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up dissipate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).