Synonyms and Antonyms of save
- The firefighters managed to save the family's dogs.
- We'll have to scrimp and save to be able to afford college.
- lovingly saved the classic car and even upgraded its engine
- I'm saving this dress for a formal occasion.
set apart, set aside
Synonym Discussion of save
- rescued the crew of a sinking ship
- delivered his people from bondage
- job training designed to redeem school dropouts from chronic unemployment
- tried to ransom the kidnap victim
- reclaimed long-abandoned farms
- an operation that saved my life
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up save? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).