Synonyms and Antonyms of mend
- That shirt will be as good as new when I'm finished mending it.
- She's mending after a particularly nasty bout of the flu.
- mended the broken plant so that it was soon thriving again
- The proverb "least said, soonest mended" should be heeded by anyone tempted to angrily blurt out things they really don't mean.
make amends for, make good for
- Everyone's written her off as a liar, but I say it's never too late to mend.
clean up one's act
- the old adage that only time can mend a broken heart
Synonym Discussion of mend
- mended the torn dress
- repaired the back steps
- patch worn jeans
- a rebuilt automobile engine
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up mend? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).