Synonyms and Antonyms of prepare
to make ready in advance
- I think I have prepared myself well for this challenge.
- We prepared the classroom for the important visitors by getting rid of some unsightly clutter.
brace, fortify, gird, steel
batten, gear up, mount
educate, indoctrinate, instruct, school, train, tutor
boot (up), prime
arrange, set, spread
arm, equip, forearm, furnish, outfit, provide, supply
draft, draw up, frame
to make competent (as by training, skill, or ability) for a particular office or function
- Basic training is intended to prepare raw recruits for active duty in the military.
accustom, adapt, adjust, condition, groom, habituate, shape, tailor
educate, indoctrinate, instruct, school, teach, tutor
to put (something) into proper and usually carefully worked out written form
- The CEO asked his assistant to prepare a statement for the press.
fabricate, fashion, form, mold, sculpture, shape
couch, express, phrase, state, verbalize, word
author, indite, pen, write
conceive, concoct, devise
build, construct, make
assemble, compound, piece (together)
redraft, reformulate, reframe
to work out the details of (something) in advance
- preparing an escape route in case of a fire
arrange, blueprint, budget, calculate, chart, choreograph, design, frame, lay out, map (out), organize, plan, project, scheme (out), shape, strategize (about)
conspire, contrive, devise, intrigue, machinate, plot, put up
concert, get up
draft, outline, sketch
aim, figure, have on, intend, mean
contemplate, meditate, premeditate