Synonyms and Antonyms of conceive
- It takes an idealist to conceive a world without war, and an activist to make it happen.
- I cannot conceive the reason for such pointless vandalism.
pick up on
- I just can't conceive that he would have lied.
Synonym Discussion of conceive
- I just thought of a good joke
- conceived of a new marketing approach
- imagine you're at the beach
- fancied himself a super athlete
- realized the enormity of the task ahead
- envisaged a totally computerized operation
- envisioned a cure for the disease
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up conceive? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).