Synonyms and Antonyms of infer
- He inferred that she had left because her coat was gone.
draw a conclusion
- The results infer that there might be a problem with one piece of the equipment.
Synonym Discussion of infer
- from that remark, I inferred that they knew each other
- denied we could deduce anything important from human mortality
- concluded that only the accused could be guilty
- judge people by their actions
- gathered their desire to be alone without a word
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up infer? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).