Synonyms and Antonyms of ascertain
- I was quickly able to ascertain that the puppy was lost.
get wind of
- They ascertained that their old colonial-era house had once functioned as a tavern.
Synonym Discussion of ascertain
- discovered the source of the river
- attempts to ascertain the population of the region
- unable to determine the origin of the word
- unearth old records
- I learned her name only today
- learning Greek
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ascertain? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).