Synonyms and Antonyms of declare
- She chose to declare her presidential aspirations at her college alma mater.
beat the drum (for or about), run with
- She would declare her innocence to the whole world if she could.
- Our guest enthusiastically declared that the pie was the best he had ever eaten.
- Though she was silent, her expression declared her unwillingness to go along with the others.
Synonym Discussion of declare
- the referee declared the contest a draw
- announced their engagement at a party
- the president proclaimed a national day of mourning
- promulgated an edict of religious toleration
synonyms see in addition assert
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up declare? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).