Synonyms and Antonyms of repudiate
- Ava vigorously repudiated the charge that she had lied on her résumé.
- The angry mother bitterly repudiated her daughter.
wash one's hands of
- We didn't like the terms, so we repudiated the proposal.
turn one's back on
- The producers of the hit TV show threatened to take the disgruntled actor to court if he attempted to repudiate his contract.
Synonym Discussion of repudiate
- declined his party's nomination
- refused to lend them the money
- rejected the manuscript as unpublishable
- teenagers who repudiate the values of their parents
- spurned his overtures of friendship
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up repudiate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).