Synonyms and Antonyms of concede
- She grudgingly conceded his point.
come clean (about)
- He conceded as soon as it became clear that he could not win.
say uncle, throw in the towel (also throw in the sponge)
Synonym Discussion of concede
- granted them a new hearing
- even her critics concede she can be charming
- vouchsafed the secret to only a few chosen disciples
- accorded all the honors befitting a head of state
- awarded the company a huge defense contract
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up concede? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).