: to concur in (something, such as an opinion) : admit, concede
- They agreed that he was right.
: to consent to as a course of action
- She agreed to sell him the house.
: to settle on by common consent : arrange
- … I agreed rental terms with him …
- —Eric Bennett
: to accept or concede something (such as the views or wishes of another)
: to achieve or be in harmony (as of opinion, feeling, or purpose)
- We agree in our taste in music.
: to get along together
: to come to terms
- agree on a fair division of profits
: to be consistent
- The story agrees with the facts.
: to be fitting, pleasing, or healthful : suit
- This climate agrees with him.
: to have an inflectional form denoting identity or other regular correspondence in a grammatical category (such as gender, number, case, or person)