:to occupy the same place in space or time
- The base of the triangle coincides with one side of the square.
- The heroic age of bridge construction coincided with the expansion of the railroads …
- —Mario Salvadori
:to occupy exactly corresponding or equivalent positions on a scale or in a series
- 100° Celsius coincides with 212° Fahrenheit.
:to correspond in nature, character, or function
- " … our sentiments coincided in every particular … "
- —Jane Austen
:to be in accord or agreement :concur
- She coincided with his views on most subjects.