Synonyms and Antonyms of betray
- Childhood friends of movie stars often betray them by telling their secrets to the supermarket tabloids.
go back on, stab in the back
- His face betrayed his exasperation with his nosy neighbor.
- She was betrayed by a false show of friendship into lending the money.
Synonym Discussion of betray
- divine will as revealed in sacred writings
- candidates must disclose their financial assets
- refused to divulge an anonymous source
- told them what he had overheard
- a blush that betrayed her embarrassment
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up betray? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).