Synonyms and Antonyms of ensnare
- Parked just out of view, the state trooper was lying in wait to ensnare unwary speeders.
Synonym Discussion of ensnare
- caught the dog as it ran by
- capture an enemy stronghold
- trap animals
- snared butterflies with a net
- entrapped the witness with a trick question
- a sting operation that ensnared burglars
- bagged a brace of pheasants
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ensnare? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).