Synonyms and Antonyms of liberate
- The animal rights activists snuck into the laboratory in the middle of the night to liberate all of the monkeys.
- We were liberated from our financial woes when we hit the grand prize in the lottery.
Synonym Discussion of liberate
- freed the animals from their cages
- released his anger on a punching bag
- liberated their country from the tyrant
- labor-saving devices emancipated us from household drudgery
- the document manumitted the slaves
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up liberate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).