Synonyms and Antonyms of redeem
- The Little League coach redeemed his promise to take the players out for ice cream if they improved their fielding over the season.
abide by, make good (or make good on)
- The struggling team redeemed itself with two wins in a row.
- He quickly redeemed the offending remark with a sincere and unconditional apology.
make amends for, make good for
Synonym Discussion of redeem
- rescued the crew of a sinking ship
- delivered his people from bondage
- job training designed to redeem school dropouts from chronic unemployment
- tried to ransom the kidnap victim
- reclaimed long-abandoned farms
- an operation that saved my life
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up redeem? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).