Synonyms and Antonyms of satisfy
- The players satisfied their hunger after the game with a big pasta dinner.
- It took me a while to satisfy my attorney that I had good grounds for a lawsuit.
- The contractor had clearly failed to satisfy the terms of the agreement.
abide by, make good (or make good on)
- A hot dinner at the end of the day never fails to satisfy me.
- The owners of the restaurant were generously satisfied for any business lost during the filming.
Synonym Discussion of satisfy
- paid their bills
- an attorney well compensated for her services
- promised to remunerate the searchers handsomely
- all creditors will be satisfied in full
- reimbursed employees for expenses
- indemnified the families of the dead miners
- repay a favor with a favor
- passengers were recompensed for the delay
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up satisfy? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).