Synonyms and Antonyms of disturb
- The news disturbed us.
- The items on her desk had been disturbed by someone.
- Her careful filing system is sure to be disturbed during the move.
- I'm sorry to disturb you while you're working.
aggravate, annoy, bedevil, chafe, devil, dog, dun, exasperate, fret, gall, get, gnaw, grate, hassle, irk, irritate, nettle, peeve, persecute, pique, put out, rankle, rasp, rile, roil, torment, vex, worry
- Please do not disturb yourself—I'll get my own drink.
Synonym Discussion of disturb
- discomposed by the loss of his beloved wife
- the disquieting news of factories closing
- the discrepancy in accounts disturbed me
- perturbed by her husband's strange behavior
- in his agitated state we could see he was unable to work
- the family's constant bickering upsets the youngest child
- his declaration of love completely flustered her
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up disturb? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).