Synonyms and Antonyms of accommodate
- Let's accommodate the difference in their voices by moving the mike closer to Sarah, whose voice is softer.
- We accommodated the lectern to the height of the guest speaker, who turned out to be quite tall.
alter, convert, make over, modify, recast, reclaim, recycle, redesign, redevelop, redo, reengineer, refashion, refigure, refit, refocus, reinvent, rejigger, remake, remodel, revamp, revise, rework, transform
- couldn't accommodate everyone who wanted a free T-shirt
- They were able to accommodated all ten of their overnight guests.
Synonym Discussion of accommodate
- adapted themselves to the warmer climate
- adjusted the budget to allow for inflation
- accommodated his political beliefs in order to win
- refused to conform to society's values
- tried to reconcile what he said with what I knew
Learn More about accommodate
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up accommodate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).