Synonyms and Antonyms of conciliate
- It will be hard to conciliate the views of labor and management regarding health benefits.
- a principal trying to conciliate the parents who did not receive their tickets to the graduation ceremonies
Synonym Discussion of conciliate
- pacified by a sincere apology
- appease their territorial ambitions
- a move to placate local opposition
- a speech that mollified the demonstrators
- propitiated his parents by dressing up
- conciliating the belligerent nations
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up conciliate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).