Synonyms and Antonyms of irritate
- Constant chatter irritated the student, who was trying to concentrate on a hard assignment.
get one's goat, get on one's nerves, get to, rub the wrong way, set one's teeth on edge, stick in one's craw, wear on
Synonym Discussion of irritate
- constant nagging that irritated me greatly
- his exasperating habit of putting off needed decisions
- your pompous attitude nettled several people
- remarks made solely to provoke her
- the new work schedules riled the employees
- a toddler peeved at being refused a cookie
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up irritate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).