Synonyms and Antonyms of burn
- All evening long we just sat there, contentedly watching the campfire burn.
go up in flames
- It is not a good idea to try to burn old papers in the sink.
- He came home burning with anger because of a reprimand at work.
- The bright streetlight outside our motel room burned all night long.
- He's been burned before, so he's careful to double-check such claims now.
do a number on, lead one down the garden path (also lead one up the garden path), pull one's leg, pull the wool over one's eyes
- heedlessly burning the country's resources without any concern for future generations
run out of
Learn More about burn
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up burn? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).