Synonyms and Antonyms of diminish
- He tends to diminish any rival's accomplishments with snide remarks.
- The state's blood supplies were severely diminished by the two consecutive disasters.
- The sound of the train diminished as our distance from it increased.
Synonym Discussion of diminish
- slowly decreased the amount of pressure
- has been unable to lessen her debt
- his visual acuity has diminished
- you must reduce your caloric intake
- the storm abated
- their provisions dwindled slowly
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up diminish? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).