Synonyms and Antonyms of rip
- The dog ripped the sleeve of my shirt by grabbing it with his teeth.
- You can see where someone ripped the painting with a penknife.
- The car went ripping down the road.
barrel, belt, blast, blaze, blow, bolt, bowl, breeze, bundle, bustle, buzz, cannonball, careen, career, chase, course, dash, drive, fly, hare, hasten, hie, highball, hotfoot (it), hump, hurl, hurry, hurtle, hustle, jet, jump, motor, nip, pelt, race, ram, rocket, run, rush, rustle, scoot, scurry, scuttle, shoot, speed, step, tear, travel, trot, whirl, whisk, zip, zoom
beat it, get a move on, make tracks, shake a leg, step on it
- Rip a sheet off the pad of paper.
Synonym Discussion of rip
- tear up the letter
- ripped the shirt on a nail
- an angry mob rent the prisoner's clothes
- split logs for firewood
- a bolt of lightning cleaved the giant oak
- a political party riven by conflict
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up rip? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).