Synonyms and Antonyms of quicken
- She eventually quickened her pace so she could keep up with the others.
- The news that we'd head to Florida for vacation quickened the children, who instantly began jumping for joy.
reactivate, reanimate, reawake, reawaken, recharge, recreate, reenergize, refresh, refreshen, regenerate, reinvigorate, rejuvenate, rekindle, renew, restimulate, resurrect, resuscitate, revitalize, revive
Synonym Discussion of quicken
- the arrival of spring quickens the earth
- happiness animated his conversation
- enlivened her lectures with humorous anecdotes
- new blood needed to vivify the dying club
synonyms see in addition provoke
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up quicken? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).