Synonyms and Antonyms of vivify
- This re-creation of a town in the Old West really vivifies the history that visitors learned in school.
reactivate, reanimate, reawake, reawaken, recharge, recreate, reenergize, refresh, refreshen, regenerate, reinvigorate, rejuvenate, rekindle, renew, restimulate, resurrect, resuscitate, revitalize, revive
Synonym Discussion of vivify
- the arrival of spring quickens the earth
- happiness animated his conversation
- enlivened her lectures with humorous anecdotes
- new blood needed to vivify the dying club
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up vivify? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).