Synonyms and Antonyms of stimulate
- Research into alternative energy sources has been stimulated by this funding increase.
reactivate, reanimate, reawake, reawaken, recharge, recreate, reenergize, refresh, refreshen, regenerate, reinvigorate, rejuvenate, rekindle, renew, restimulate, resurrect, resuscitate, revitalize, revive
- Their discussion stimulated him to learn more about the subject.
build a fire under
Synonym Discussion of stimulate
- my stories usually provoke laughter
- news that excited anger and frustration
- stimulating conversation
- that remark piqued my interest
- the high salary quickened her desire to have the job
Learn More about stimulate
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up stimulate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).