Synonyms and Antonyms of exasperate
- Small children can exasperate their parents with endless questions about why this or that is so.
get one's goat, get on one's nerves, get to, rub the wrong way, set one's teeth on edge, stick in one's craw, wear on
Synonym Discussion of exasperate
- constant nagging that irritated me greatly
- his exasperating habit of putting off needed decisions
- your pompous attitude nettled several people
- remarks made solely to provoke her
- the new work schedules riled the employees
- a toddler peeved at being refused a cookie
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up exasperate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).