Synonyms and Antonyms of pacify
- I tried to pacify the crying child.
- Additional ground forces were needed to occupy those areas that had already been pacified.
Synonym Discussion of pacify
- pacified by a sincere apology
- appease their territorial ambitions
- a move to placate local opposition
- a speech that mollified the demonstrators
- propitiated his parents by dressing up
- conciliating the belligerent nations
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up pacify? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).