Synonyms and Antonyms of conquer
- Before his final defeat, Napoléon had managed to conquer much of Europe.
- Love conquers all, or so romance novels would have us believe.
annihilate, blow away, blow out, bomb, break, bury, clobber, cream, crush, drub, finish, flatten, overwhelm, rout, shellac, skin, slaughter, smoke [slang], snow under, thrash, trounce, upset, wallop, wax [slang], whip
get the better of, knock for a loop
- a coach who doesn't demand that his team conquer, whatever the cost
carry the day
Synonym Discussion of conquer
- Caesar conquered Gaul
- vanquished the enemy and ended the war
- the Confederates defeated the Union forces at Manassas
- subdued the native tribes after years of fighting
- the city was reduced after a month-long siege
- overcame a host of bureaucratic roadblocks
- violently overthrew the old regime
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up conquer? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).