Synonyms and Antonyms of bury
- He died on Tuesday and was buried on Friday.
- He buried his face in his hands.
- If we don't work harder, the other softball team will bury us.
beat the pants off, eat alive, run circles around (or run rings around), wipe the floor with (or wipe the ground with)
Synonym Discussion of bury
- hide in the closet
- a house hidden in the woods
- concealed the weapon
- a house screened by trees
- secreted the amulet inside his shirt
- buried the treasure
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up bury? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).