Synonyms and Antonyms of surpass
- She always tried to surpass her older brother at anything he did.
go one better, run circles around (or run rings around)
- The sales of the band's newest album have surpassed the combined sales of its last two albums.
Synonym Discussion of surpass
- exceed the speed limit
- the book surpassed our expectations
- transcended the values of their culture
- excels in mathematics
- outdid herself this time
- outstripped other firms in sales
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up surpass? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).