Synonyms and Antonyms of exceed
- The lawyers argued that the court had clearly exceeded its authority.
- Her knowledge of the team's statistics exceeds that of anyone else I know.
go one better, run circles around (or run rings around)
Synonym Discussion of exceed
- exceed the speed limit
- the book surpassed our expectations
- transcended the values of their culture
- excels in mathematics
- outdid herself this time
- outstripped other firms in sales
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up exceed? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).