Synonyms and Antonyms of succeed
- The advertising campaign that finally succeeded used humor to sell the product.
bear fruit, catch fire, deliver the goods, do the trick, go like clockwork
- If you want to succeed in show business, you have to feel comfortable in front of an audience.
come into one's own, cut it, cut the mustard, get ahead, get somewhere, get there, hack it, hit it big, make good, make it, make one's mark, make the grade
Synonym Discussion of succeed
- speeches followed the dinner
- she succeeded her father as head of the business
- after the talk a general discussion ensued
- unable to continue because of supervening circumstances
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up succeed? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).