Synonyms and Antonyms of crash
to cause to break with violence and much noise
- crashed the vase against the wall
bust, fracture, fragment
bash, demolish, destroy, devastate, pulverize, ruin, tear down, total, vaporize, waste, wrack, wreck
shiver, splinter, split
crack, crunch, crush, snap
to come into usually forceful contact with something
- The speeding car crashed into the tree with horrifying results.
bang, bash, bump, collide, hit, impact, impinge, knock, ram, slam, smash, strike, swipe, thud
bounce, carom, clunk, glance, rebound, ricochet, skim, skip
contact, land, touch
brush, graze, kiss, nudge, scrape, shave, sweep
bulldoze, jostle, muscle, press, push
to stop functioning
- My computer crashed yet again!
to force one's way
- Fleeing animals crashed through the woods.
bore, bull, bulldoze, elbow, jam, jostle, muscle, press, push, shoulder, squeeze
to go to a lower level especially abruptly
- Sales of that phone have crashed since the competing version came out.
decline, descend, dip, dive, drop, fall, lower, nose-dive, plummet, plunge, sink, skid, tumble
abate, decrease, de-escalate, die (down), diminish, droop, dwindle, ebb, lessen, let up, moderate, subside, taper off, wane
accumulate, balloon, build, burgeon (also bourgeon), enlarge, escalate, expand, grow, increase, intensify, mushroom, pick up, snowball, swell, wax
to go to one's bed in order to sleep
- I'm so exhausted that I'm just going to crash as soon as we get home.
bunk, perch, roost, settle
doze, drop off, nap, nod, sleep, slumber, snooze
couch, lie (down), recline
to reside as a temporary guest
- I'm going to crash at my sister's apartment when I'm in New York.