Synonyms and Antonyms of expand
- an article on the event that the author later expanded into a book
- We had to expand the list of wedding guests several times in order to accommodate all the relatives Mother wouldn't dream of excluding.
- a spare leaf for those times when we have to expand the dining table to accommodate extra guests
- Water expands when it becomes frozen.
Synonym Discussion of expand
- a business that expands every year
- amplify the statement with details
- the bureaucracy swelled to unmanageable proportions
- a distended abdomen
- an inflated ego
- dilated pupils
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up expand? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).