Synonyms and Antonyms of amplify
- After filing a report of missing luggage, he was asked to amplify a bit as to the circumstances.
- The number of blood volunteers was significantly amplified by the promise of thank-you gifts to donors.
- A fox's large ears serve to amplify such sounds as little critters skittering among stones.
Synonym Discussion of amplify
- a business that expands every year
- amplify the statement with details
- the bureaucracy swelled to unmanageable proportions
- a distended abdomen
- an inflated ego
- dilated pupils
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up amplify? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).