Synonyms and Antonyms of constrict
- The vessel constricted, thereby reducing the flow of blood.
- constricted the opening with a clamp
Synonym Discussion of constrict
- caused her muscles to contract
- the sweater will shrink when washed
- condense the essay into a paragraph
- compressed cotton into bales
- the throat is constricted by a tight collar
- deflate the balloon
Learn More about constrict
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up constrict? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).